Job Description for Housekeeping Houseperson
JOB TITLE: HOUSEPERSON
REPORTS TO: House Keeping Supervisor
Performs any combination of the following tasks to maintain guestrooms, working areas, and the hotel premises in general in a clean and orderly manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cleans rugs, carpets and upholstered furniture using a vacuum cleaner, broom and carpet shampoo machine.
- Cleans rooms, hallways and restrooms.
- Washes walls and ceiling, moves furniture’s and turn mattress.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, waxes and polishes floor.
- Dusts and polishes metalwork.
- Collects soiled linen for laundering.
- Received linen supplies from floor shoots.
- Maintains housekeeping carts.
- Removes trash collected by room attendants.
- Walk all assigned floors at beginning and end of shift to collect Newspaper bags, newspapers, trash, soild linen.
- Pickup clean linen and refill the par stock of linen on each floor pantry.
- Refill the par stock of guest amenities and supplies on each floor pantry.
- Help the room boys / house maids with the heavy lifting when super cleaning / spring cleaning of rooms.
- Clean all public areas in the prescribed manner while following department standard operating procedures.
- Remove soiled linen and trash from the pool side and other service area and take to appropriate locations in the prescribed manner.
- Assist room boys / house maid with placing bed boards, roll-ways beds, extra bed etc.
- Report missing / found articles, damage or merchandise problems to the housekeeping supervisors.
- Respond at all times in a friendly, helpful manner to guests and other colleagues.
- Take up any tasks assigned by the supervisors as and when needed.